Friday, January 4, 2013

Easy DIY Wall Pattern by JGW Interior Decorating

Happy New Year MGSimpleStyle followers =) We all survived the holidays! Before the year ended I came across an amazing wall pattern I had to share. Justina G.White is an aspiring interior designer behind JGW Interior Decorating who I have been following in the last year. Her recent project of the graphic wall pattern painted in an in-between space of her home is so unique and well coordinated that I had to ask how long it took. To my surprise this was a very easy project.


 Photos courtesy of JGW Interior Decorating

"I had wanted to do a wall pattern for some time, I wanted to do it in my bedroom as an accent wall. I played over different designs for a few months but couldn't think of anything original. The other night my daughter was coloring and I decided I would doodle a few patterns. I already had the supplies: frog tape, 1/2 pint of black semi gloss paint by Behr, roller, and paint brush (I have all this because I'm supposed to be redoing this antique desk I bought at a thrift store). I thought of a pattern that I liked and then I just started putting frog tape on the wall. It took all of maybe one hour. I put up the tape then took a picture to see if the lines were about even. I left the tape up over night because it was late when I started, the next night I painted the triangle shapes, I let the paint sit for 30 minutes and then took the tape away nice and slow, and there you have it!"~Justina 12/30/12

I love the finished result! A common shape placed in such an irregular pattern makes for a unique style. The black paint gives it a glamified presence and compliments her surrounding decor. This is proof that a splash of style is affordable and can be added in any space. A great example of a low budget project and the perfect additive for that extra wall space in your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment