Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Asian Heritage Highlight: Jenna Medina

It's the final days of May and I have to hustle on posting my final feature of the month artists.

My next feature is a bit off track the home decor topic and purely on artistry, makeup artistry that is. Meet Ms. Jenna Medina, a makeup artist with the most skillful makeup artistry skills that meet red carpet standards.
I met Jenna through Victoria Knudson (highlight from my previous post). From the moment I discovered she was a skilled makeup artist I knew I wanted to feature her on my blog. Now I'm sure many of you have met people who claim to do this or that only to find they're full of $@%!. Well this is NOT the case with Jenna. I've had the pleasure of watching her skills during Victoria's bachelorette party and wedding.
Bride to be: Bachelorette Party
Bride and Maid of Honor at wedding

I love the subtle smokey eye effect she applied on the bride. Both ladies are just as beautiful without makeup but the precision in Jenna's makeup artistry truly highlight their natural beauty to the fullest.
So who else did I want to do my makeup for a very DIVA wedding we were to attend this past weekend! I knew I needed her magic skills to help glamify my face and get me away from the monotonous relationship I have with my bare minerals set. I asked her to give me something different and she sure did deliver!
"I didn't think I would be a makeup artist. It all started when I was living in Oregon and I discovered my love for makeup. I got my start working at the Mac counter while I was going to school out there and from then on I realized how much I loved it. I love it because its so girly  and simply fun to do. I had the best time working for Mac in Oregon. Unfortunately have not found another makeup company to work for in SF that was comparable. Out there my colleagues and I really appreciated the artistry behind makeup and I carried that appreciation and passion over when I moved back to SF. I attempted to work for other makeup companies but quickly discovered the others working around me weren't in it for the same reasons I was so I left and became an independent makeup artist working with dance groups that I was also a part of . My inspiration comes from current style and trends and I apply that concept towards that individual basing their colors off of the shape and form of their face." ~Jenna    
more of Jenna's makeup artistry.
All photos courtesy of Jenna Medina and Victoria Knudson

Jenna's styles range from subtle to dramatic for wedding parties to everyday glam. Her skillful techniques along with her personality set her apart from the sea of makeup artists and her passion and creativity for her work is something I truly appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment