Sunday, November 6, 2011

Zen Retreat

My hubby and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary this past September in Cabo. It was our first time going to Mexico and after viewing the hotel's website several times I had the same feeling as a kid would the night before going to Disneyland. The website revealed a zen retreat including a ocean view canopy, beach front swimming pools and stunning views of the ocean. Best of all it was an adult only resort; those with children understand how important this feature is. Once I arrived I immediately fell in love with decor. Of course being an interior design fanatic I paid attention to every detail which wasn't difficult considering the hotel was elegantly simple. There was minimal architectural detail but the decor detail that went into designing the hotel is what makes the hotel memorizing. I give you Pueblo Bonito Pacifica...

This couldn't be anymore relaxing. It might just be a lobby but it was the perfect place to sit and relax during the 100 degree weather.
I fell in love with these mosaic trees. These were displayed in the lobby area and each time we walked in I found myself endlessly staring at them. Up close they are broken pieces of pottery mixed with whole pieced  tile water animals. The aroma in the lobby was just as calming and relaxing as the aesthetics. As soon as you walk in you're greeted with the warm and inviting scent of menthol and lavender.
A side stairwell which takes you up the lobby level..
 When you reach the top of the staircase..another simple and beautiful  detail.

Walk to the lobby.
Lobby lounge area
This wasn't our actual bedroom but same layout. It had a breathtaking ocean view and a full view of the resort.
 The walk to the rooms. Stunning view!
 Outside the lobby. I love how exterior wall art like this was placed throughout the hotel.
 Another amazing detail throughout the resort was the intricately raked sand. Where there was sand, there was zen sand art; newly raked every morning.
They even raked the sand above the fire extinguisher!
View from the ocean view canopy..perfect set for a Corona commercial!
 Entering the hotel
I know its silly but I paid attention to every detail of the hotel including the color combos. This was the table cloth and napkin. They are both gentle color tones opposite of each other yet so complimentary of each other.
I love the texture and color combo. It's so simple yet appeasing to the eye.

The simple design of the hotel definitely gave me design ideas to incorporate with my own. The great thing about simple design it that its that much easier to create DIY projects. Everything in this hotel can easily be used to create a design scheme or add to your existing decor. I mentioned the mosaic trees gave me inspiration for wall art in my bedroom. Hopefully you found something that will inspire you. Stay tuned..I'll be working on my version the mosaic trees. For more on Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Spa and Resort visit www.pueblobonitopacifica.com/ I highly recommend this for your next getaway!~MG

No comments:

Post a Comment