Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Design Scheme of the Day

When I have down time (which is extremely rare) I flip through pages and pages of interior design magazines soaking in new trends and refreshing my personal design style. I've collected images of my favorite furniture pieces, accessories and color schemes. Starting today, I'll be posting my collective images and turning them into design boards that I personally would love to use as design schemes. 
This first one are collective finds from projects and helpful tips; my room and a friend asking for decor ideas. For my room; this color palette popped up in my head. I don't remember where I got the inspiration, but as soon as I started looking into the different shades of purple mixed with gray tones, I didn't turn back..Obviously it stuck since its the color choice for my blog =)
I chose one deeper shade of purple for my bedroom walls and a lighter shade for my ceiling..still love it to this day. 

Sharing decor ideas and introducing bold color to a friend asking for design tips had me looking into grey couches. I want to say I chose grey because it could fit both feminine and masculine personalities; a great compromise for any married couple. 
So after sitting on these finds for a few months..I combined the color choices choosing accessories to bring  this design scheme together..


The bold colors in the room call for something light and airy. These crystal clear lamps will do just that.. I love both but if I had to choose, I would go for the solid clear lamp with beige shade. I'm so drawn to the simplicity and sleekness of the base.

These pillows are a great offset for any of  the grey couches. Subtle hints of the purple color will bring the color scheme together. I would purchase all three to bring more texture and color to the room..plus it brings in the femininity from the masculine grey color of the couch.
I love this pattern and color for the curtain panels. The design on the fabric is subtle but enough to pop out of the purple walls.
I chose this ivory cable knit throw to break the grey and purple tones. Color details from the pillows, curtain panels and lamp shade will bounce off each other.

Here are a few finished rooms with similar color schemes where my accessory choices mesh well with the existing design.


This page from House & Home magazine had a very similar color scheme with the purple walls and grey couch.  Different shades and different style approach but still a fabulous room!

This is actually very similar to the design scheme I am going for in my room but budget issues have delayed the project. I'm close..just a few personal touches to call it mine (and my hubby's)  and it's done! I will of course be thrilled to share the results so stay tuned.~MG

No comments:

Post a Comment